Senior Advisor to the Hosting and Mentoring Program Rebecca Wilson know what it takes to be a rockstar travel advisor. She was the visionary behind the hosting and mentoring program and has seen it all. Below she shares the 12 qualities that let you stand out in the industry—do you have what it takes??
1. Loves travel and researching new destinations, products, services.
2. Stays ahead of the curve by embracing the latest in technology in marketing and social media through expanding training and learning.
3. Is a full-time travel professional, not a hobbyist. A rockstar earns professional credentials and maintains an expert online presence.
4. Extremely organized and pays attention to each detail.
5. Innovative, can-do attitude
6. Has a close relationship with each client, and knows it’s all about the customer. Always follows up.
7. Becomes a specialist in certain destinations, products, or services.
8. Promotes the value and benefits of his or her service.
9. Is willing to make investments in marketing, building a strong team, training and continuing education.
10. Knows that respect is earned and earns it with every client, every time.
11. Understands that not all people are potential clients and is willing to say no to shoppers or those who are not seeking a win-win relationship.
12. Stays involved in the travel industry by networking, training and communicating with peers.