After years in the academic world, David Ourisman traded in the textbooks and changed to a career centered on his lifelong passion: travel. He joined the Brownell Hosting Program’s first ever Mentoring class and has since established himself industry-wide as a luxury hotel and resort specialist. Having visited countless of the world’s top hotels, David helps clients figure out which hotel best suits their needs and then secures the best value. We chatted with David between hotel inspections to get the scoop on his travel preferences.
1. What 5 things do you always have in your carry on?
iPad and charging cables, noise canceling earbuds, reading glasses, business cards, pens
2. What was the best meal you’ve ever had while traveling? (what did you have/what restaurant or hotel/city & country)
The tasting meal at Helene Darroze in Paris.
3. If you could leave today and go anywhere, where would you go?
Someplace warm – how about Four Seasons Hualalai?
4. Number of countries you’ve visited?
5. What is your travel extravagance?
Flying business class
6. What has been the most inspirational destination?
Norway – the fjords
7. Where are you headed next?
Argentina in May